Bulletz Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulletz Official Forum

Welcome to the 5th Metropolitan.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Update #4 (6/16/09)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Empty
PostSubject: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Update
"A little over exaggerated? Hmm... You may be right, but who really cares?"

Welcome, welcome! Well, it's been about a month and I think that it's time for another update. Over these past few weeks, I have been hard at work on models, maps, graphics, and, I guess some sounds. Though I'll show you all of the models I have been working on over the past few days, I will not spoil any of the maps just yet. I will also be displaying some of our teams gfx, and some of our many ideas in store for this mod. But first, lets start with the models.

I've been working on a lot of models lately, and I'm beginning to gain a lot of experience with modelling. I've been working on Weapons, Players, Enemies, and some Props for our maps. First I'll showcase some of the weapons I've been working on.

MP5
The premier close range sub-machine gun of our mod. I plan on it being the starting weapon for everyone in the Allied Resistance campaign. (Click Here to learn more.)
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Mp5

Photon Gun
A fully automatic, very powerful energy weapon. Ammo will be very scarce throughout the game because of it's great power. I've actually successfully got this in game without any texture errors.
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Photonfinal
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Photonfinalside

Crossbow
Well, it's a crossbow. Arrows will feed through the rail on the top. Reload animations will most likely be very elaborate.
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Crossbow

So far those are the weapons I've been working on during the last few weeks, but here are some of the Human/Mutant characters I've been working on.

Main Character
This is still a WIP, this was actually the first Human model I attempted to make in Milkshape, I think I did pretty well.
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) PLAYER
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) MJH

Weezer (Name Not Final)
As much as I hate the name I came up with, that's what he'll be doing. His life goal is to kill anyone he sees with his mutated sharp claws. And if all else fails, he'll detonate his oxygen tank and kill anyone in his remote vicinity. He runs very quickly, and it's crucial to take him out at long range before he gets to you.
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Untitled
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Meth
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Meth2

And last but not least, the props. I've also only made two of these, and they are both automobiles. And yes, they're both able to hover. We have no plans on incorporating vehicles into our mod, but who knows?

Convertable
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Car2

Regular
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Car

Right now, gfx art isn't at the top of our list at the current moment (Although we really need a texture artist for our models.)
I have been working on some of the GUI effects, and so is joealtair3000. Check out his Here! But here's my menu.
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Gfx

And that's about it. I really hope you've enjoyed this update, and stay tuned for more. And as I've said before, stop by our Join Us!!! section of the forum so that you can help us out.
bounce
Back to top Go down
https://bulletzgame.forumotion.net
biodude
n00b
n00b

PostSubject: Re: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey! nice job on your mod! Ive been working on my mod and like you I don't want to spoil my maps yet Smile. I wanted to know if you and or joealtair3000 would like to help me with my gfx menu. Maybe we can help eachother with our mods... I can skin some of your weapons, you can help me with menu Very Happy.

Right now our forums are kinda dead, but we have a dev forum that only sotd team members can see. If you would like me to help skin mp5 or someother things, and you can help me with menu- give me an email at halflife7795@hotmail.com or post in the Join us section. Send me the uv map to ur gun if you want me to make a skin.

forums: http://sotd.forumotion.com/index.htm

moddb(most progress):http://www.moddb.com/mods/spawn-of-the-dead
Back to top Go down
biodude
n00b
n00b

PostSubject: Re: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:29 pm

so joe, can u help make me some menu gfx? i can make a concept for u? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:18 pm

joealtair3000 wrote:
ok just wanted to say a few things
first* good work
second* do we have a coder if not how do you make one character faster than another
third* i think our gfx can co-exist happily i was thinking your menu screens with my eboot
sound good
fourth* i am also learning coding of vehicals so those hover cars may become a reality
finally should i put the game up on moddb afro
They're all pretty good ideas, except I'm not how sure vehicles will agree with our mod.

This diagram will help show how our mod with pretty much take advantage of quakes linear gameplay and make it non linear, and why vehicles might not work.
Official Update #4 (6/16/09) Untitled-1

As you can maybe see, I have a huge city, but it's sort of cut up into little pieces. Each little piece is it's own level. In each level, you can have the option to go back to a part of the city you've been to already, or go forward to a part you haven't been to yet. This is why I don't think that vehicles would work. Most likely, if you were to go to a different part of the city, your vehicle would be gone. But you never know.

Regarding a coder, we don't have one. I'm thinking what your thinking with Moddb, because I'm sure there are more people to see our work there. I'll take care of Moddb because I have all of the screenshots and art for our game at the present moment.
Back to top Go down
SamUK

PostSubject: Re: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Sorry for reviving old topics, but I must say am impressed.

Ever since Solitude started we've seen a bunch of 'wannabe' quake modders hit the scene. Glad to finally see some real good work being made.

Congrats, keep up the work.
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:56 pm

SamUK wrote:
Sorry for reviving old topics, but I must say am impressed.

Ever since Solitude started we've seen a bunch of 'wannabe' quake modders hit the scene. Glad to finally see some real good work being made.

Congrats, keep up the work.
Thanks a lot. It's people like you that keep this project moving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Update #4 (6/16/09)   Official Update #4 (6/16/09) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Update #4 (6/16/09)
Page 1 of 1