Bulletz Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulletz Official Forum

Welcome to the 5th Metropolitan.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Models too suqare(Advice/Help)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fpsgamer
n00b
n00b

Models too suqare(Advice/Help) Empty
PostSubject: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 am

I saw the models in moddb....and they are a too square...as i saw you want the game to look realistic...i advice you to search for a good modeler...maybe i could help...i do not have modeling skills but i can search ppl who can make good models.
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:57 am

You haven't the slightest clue what engine we're using do you? Are you currently, or have been an active modeler? If so, you should know that models and textures work together. All of my models are un-textured (seeing as we don't have a texture artist). Plus, what weapons are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
https://bulletzgame.forumotion.net
fpsgamer
n00b
n00b

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 pm

You are using a self made engine...else you would specify on the moddb webpage.
And i wasn't referring to the weapons the weapons are pretty good,i was referring at the player models...
This One
This One
And
This One

And please don't take it wrong...i was only trying to help...sorry if it sounds...well...that i have something with your models because i dont....i only suggested to work a bit harder because a great fps action game needs some good models...i know this will sound like an insult but the models above looks a bit like cartoon game models:|....
You also have some good weapon models like this one....i really like the weapon models...

And no,I don't have any modeling skills but i tried once to make a model.It was a simple look of a sword,I made it from 3 "objects".A cylinder and 2 boxes,but this was 1 year ago.And about textures...i could make some in photoshop but I never took my time to learn how to apply them on models.

Anyway,I would like to help you guys with mapping...I used to make maps for counter-strike 1.6 in worldcraft 3.3...some of them looked really good...and please,i know its not the good place to talk about this but i saw you didnt checked my post at "Join Us!!!".
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Well I understand your confusion with the engine, but If you had read our summary, it clearly stated that we are using the modified quake engine FitzKurok. Polys are pretty limited on that engine, believe it or not, the model you pointed out has the highest count out of all of my models (1056 tris, and that's pushing it).

I understand your concern, but keep in mind that this will be displayed on such a small screen, you'll barely notice.

EDIT: Also, I did check your post. I just didn't feel like typing.
Back to top Go down
fpsgamer
n00b
n00b

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:15 pm

k...and you are right...i should read more carefully the summary on the moddb page...
Back to top Go down
WES

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 pm

say those charachters are looking pretty neat so far but alil plain if it helps i can draw some ideas for you for there looks (yes draw on paper my grafic tablet sucks thats why)
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:13 pm

WES wrote:
say those charachters are looking pretty neat so far but alil plain if it helps i can draw some ideas for you for there looks (yes draw on paper my grafic tablet sucks thats why)
The reason they look plain is because they are not textured. I just colored the polys.
Back to top Go down
trey777

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

personaly i dont like the gun models because there bot real guns... i like guns like Mp4 - m4a1 - m16 - p22 pistol - glock - ak-47 ---> etc.

so the guns that u made dont look good sry to say....

but besides the guns i would realy like to see the maps cuz im the mapper from left 4 quake
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:15 pm

trey777 wrote:
personaly i dont like the gun models because there bot real guns... i like guns like Mp4 - m4a1 - m16 - p22 pistol - glock - ak-47 ---> etc.

but besides the guns i would realy like to see the maps cuz im the mapper from left 4 quake
What's with all of these people not understanding art styles, and the fact that this game is in the future. When has there ever been a written rule stating that weapons have to look realistic to be good? Look at TF2. None of their weapons look realistic, but they all have a distinct, artsy feel about them that makes them fun.

In case you didn't know, I'm not aiming to make the weapons look realistic.

Also, I won't be showing any of my maps until I get a majority of the city done.
Back to top Go down
trey777

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Klammy wrote:
trey777 wrote:

What's with all of these people not understanding art styles, and the fact that this game is in the future. When has there ever been a written rule stating that weapons have to look realistic to be good? Look at TF2. None of their weapons look realistic, but they all have a distinct, artsy feel about them that makes them fun.

Also, I won't be showing any of my maps until I get a majority of the city done.

i was only stating my opinions so dont get mad i just like normal guns...

and i like the game idea just not some of the guns and that weezer model it looks freaky lol Smile

and ya i saw ur ideas for the map (city) outline... its kool how ur doing the swich to each map
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:39 pm

trey777 wrote:
Klammy wrote:
trey777 wrote:

i was only stating my opinions so dont get mad i just like normal guns...

and i like the game idea just not some of the guns and that weezer model it looks freaky lol Smile

and ya i saw ur ideas for the map (city) outline... its kool how ur doing the swich to each map
If you were stating your opinion, you would have said you didn't like the weapons, which I respect. But you said that the weapons look bad, so obviously I'm going to take some offense. Thanks for the feedback though.
Back to top Go down
McJenory
Animator
Animator

PostSubject: Updates?   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:09 am

hey any updates on Bulletz
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:41 am

McJenory wrote:
hey any updates on Bulletz
Not much. I've been mostly mapping. Nothing to report on though. I haven't heard much from joealtair3000 much lately.
Back to top Go down
McJenory
Animator
Animator

PostSubject: O_O   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:09 am

oh.. because it has been along time
Back to top Go down
Klammy
Administrator
Administrator
Klammy

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:16 pm

McJenory wrote:
oh.. because it has been along time
I upload pics on ModDB about every week or so. Check it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Models too suqare(Advice/Help)   Models too suqare(Advice/Help) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Models too suqare(Advice/Help)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bulletz Official Forum :: Game Related :: Suggestions-
Jump to: